pregnancy must stay out microwave?

because microwave is part of x-ray...is that true? i just want to know and be safe

Favorite Answer

Microwaves you radiowaves not x-rays. And if you are really concerned you can get detection tests from your local hardware store, and sometimes for free from public health to make sure your microwave isn't leaking (which it shouldn't be).

Another easy test is to close the door on a banknote (bill, whatever you want to call it). You shouldn't be able to pull it out.

However there are radio waves all around you, all the time. Some from outspace, some human generated (from radio and tv broadcasts, wireless networks, cell phones etc)

When microwave ovens first came out, there were issues with possible leakage of the microwaves. Often diners and other small restaurants would warn patrons entering that microwaves were in use.

This really is no longer a problem as the ovens are well sealed and safe. However, it's still best not to cook in soft plastic in the microwave, not to heat breast milk, etc. However these have nothing to do with working around the outside of a microwave oven. That's absolutely fine.

Hope your pregnancy goes well and you both stay healthy throughout! God bless you!

I've changed my mind after reading these articles......

You shouldn't use a microwave in the first place :) Read on!

http://www.bygpub.com/natural/pregnancy.htm

http://www.mercola.com/article/microwave/hazards.h...

I didn't know alot of this either..... hope this helps!

You can get near the microwave, I used it almost everyday during mine and nothing was wrong. I was never advised to stay away. I think you'll be fine.

I used the microwave all the time ... I mean A LOT ... and there were no problems with our baby. Relax. It is ok.

Do you mean can you use a microwave when you are pregnant? Yes.

• EmLa

You should always stay out of the microwave, whether or not you are pregnant!

I don't fit into my microwave... I probably wouldn't advise microwaving yourself even if you weren't pregnant.

*Using it is perfectly safe though

old wives tale, its fine.....