Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

I have very irregular periods so I didn't realize I was pregnant for about 6 + weeks into my pregnancy.?

During that time I had been taking diet pills. Is this going to hurt my baby?

Favorite Answer

I don't think it would have, but the Dr. can do certain tests to make sure the baby doesn't have any defects or anything. They are not 100% but they help ease the worry. I had my 23rd birthday party and I had quite a bit to drink, then a week later I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant. My baby is fine, I am now 18 weeks pregnant and everything seems well. Congratulations!

• Cara B

Apparently it can affect your baby, depending on the type of diet pills you are taking, according to this recent study:

http://www.nicolematernitywholesale.com/Diet_Pills...

The effects are not what you would think however. These studies suggest that diet pills injested by a mother during the first trimester of pregnancy can increase the chances of having a homosexual child. That may be more or less frightening a prospect to you depending on your religious beliefs. If you are concerned, you should talk to your doctor at your first visit about whether he or she thinks these studies have any merit or whether there are any other potentially harmful effects of your diet pill use.

At this point, there's not anything you can do about your past actions, you can only control the future. Make sure you treat yourself and your baby right from now on, and try not to worry about what you did before you knew you were pregnant.

I dont think it will hurt the baby since it was only six weeks into your pregnancy but definitely stop now that you know.... and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!

I would ask your doctor to be sure but I am sure that you would be fine. Babies normally take all the nutrience that they need even if the mother is eating nothing at all.

Good Luck!!

Probably not, considering many woman drank, smoked, etc. before they knew they were expecting.

I'd double check with your Dr. at your next a appointment.

Probably not, but you should ask your doctor.