Anonymous

where can i find islamic clothing like abaya / jilbab at afoordable rate?

I stay in Edison, NJ. I wud like to know if there are any good islamic stores that sell abayas/jilbabs and hijab at affordable rates. Please give me some addresses. Thanks

Favorite Answer

If you see a "covered" woman, ask her. Most of the time they are very friendly and willing to help. Otherwise, contact a mosque and ask someone there. If you are ever in Brookly, there are a few nice places, but I am not sure of price.

I knew a woman who took a pattern for a duster (housedress) and used it with nicer fabrics to make her own dresses. The tubelike garment that the women put on their heads and neck really look like a sleeve, and a large scarf is a large scarf. so, if you sew, you know what I am saying.

• ?

I have two abayas and those are enough for me. The Mufassireen, such as Al-Qurtubi, cite their Tafseer of the Ayah on Jilbab (Al-Azhab 33:59), that the Jilbab is: "a cloth which covers the entire body... Ibn 'Abbas and 'Ubaidah As-Salmanni said it is to be fully wrapped around the women's body, so that nothing appears but one eye or both eyes so which she can see." [Tafseer Al-Qurtubi]. Imam Qurtubi in his Al-Jamia li Ahkaul Quran states: "All women are in effect covered by the terms of the verse which embraces Shari'a principle that the whole of a woman is 'Awrah' (to be concealed) -her face, body and voice, as mentioned previously. It is not permissable to expose those parts except in the case of need, such as the giving of evidence..." Sheikh ibn Uthaim... "The Islamic hijab is for the woman to cover everything that is forbidden for her to expose. That is, she covers everything that she must cover. The first of those bodily parts that she must cover is the face. It is the source of temptation and the source of people desiring her. Therefore, the woman must cover her face in front of those men that are not mahram. As for those of who claim that the Islamic hijab is to cover the head, shoulders, back, feet, shin, and forearms while allowing her to uncover her face and hands, this is a very amazing claim. This is because it is well-known that the source of temptation and looking is the face. How can one say that the Shari'a does not allow the exposure of the foot of the woman while it allows her to uncover her face? It is not possible that there could be in the Esteemed, Wise, and Noble Shari'a a contradiction." Jamaal Zarabozo (a scholar of Islam in the United States...) "In Surah Al-Azhab, verse 33;59 Allah has ordered the believing women to wear a jilbab. A jilbab is defined in all the books of tafseer is a cloak that covers the woman's body from the top of her head to her feet. It is also described in those books, from the scholars of the earliest generation that after the verse was revealed, the women would completley cover themselves, leaving for example, just one eye exposed so they can see the road. Hence, this is the outer garment of the woman that she must wear when she is in front of men she is not related to." Imam Ghazaali(mentions in his famous book of Fiqh Ihyaal Uloom) "Women emereged (during the time of Rasulullah 'saw' with Niqabs on their faces."

I love and would recommend Haya Islamic Clothing online store. Their price is awesome and they have a nice range of abaya, jilbab, hijabs, tunic tops and other Islamic clothing. I have found half of my wardrobe collection here.

Hope this helps and I am sure your will also love it!

in NJ - paterson there are alot of islamic places in main street

in the mid-east ; go there and consider staying there too. love you too