what's with this community guidelines thing?

they removed my question. it didn't violate anything. i was asking if anyone knew any good riddles. wtf?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It was probably considered to be chatty or considered to not be a question.

• 1 decade ago

Well, this guidelines thing is a mechanism to allow participants as much freedom as possible while promoting a forum friendly to the general public. If you prefer a no rules setting then newsgroups, although filled with vile contrtibutions, are a tenable venue alternative.

You either violated someone's sense of community guidelines and they had your posting pulled or you encountered someone who was just being mean.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This happened 2 me before. I would ask a simple question like, Does that Teletubies still come on? Or answering a question like, Question: What should I give my kids for Christmas? They are around 11 and 10. My Answer: Just go to this website...

http://www.youngexplorers.com/ . And they would report abuse me saying I was advertising or gaming for points or something about releasing a virus. This is CRAZY!!! I wish you the best of luck

PS:PLEASE CHOOSE ME AS YOUR BEST ANSWER!!!

• 1 decade ago

Yes, they have guidelines, the problem is that there are people who will report you for allegedly violating the community standards and then Yahoo blindly acts on their report without ever taking the time to see if you really did violate the rules.

Don't let it get to you, it happens to all of us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The troll are running around, making life miserable, while Y!A talks about the problem, but does not resolve

• You must have offended someone and got reported.

Coach

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.