For Parents Of School Children Please?

How important is it that your child get a proper education? Even if it's public school isn't there things you do at home to help? I've seen a lot of questions like "Why should I send my son to school?" WTF??? It really makes me wonder if there are parents who care about education any more. How do you feel about it?

Favorite Answer

I don't have children but I hope you don't mind that I answer your question anyway =)

A proper education is so important for childen! I feel very strongly about this. Whether it's homeschooling, public, private, whatever, kids have got to learn! It's difficult to get a job without a college degree these days. How much harder will it be if these kids don't get any kind of formal training at all? Even though I don't have kids, I don't mind that some of my taxes go to my town's schools, because I'm investing in these kids' lives, you know? They should have every possible advantage, and an education is one of those things.

It's the most important thing in their life until they've completed their education (college degree). When I notice I have to fill in the blanks for the school, I do so, then confront the teacher about exactly WHAT my child is learning so I can do the best I can to help ensure they get the BEST education possible.

I absolutely care about my childrens' educations. Yes, of course, we do lots of things to aide our children in their educational success - even to the point of making a life-sized inflatable whale out of plastic and a fan. That was cool. On the other hand, the kids reach a certain age and don't care about school anymore. That's sad, and it seems that no matter what you do as a parent - no matter how involved or how helpful you have been in the process... once they decide they are "too cool for school" you are doomed to watch them ruin their lives.

It is very important to me. Unfortunately some people do not really care as much. I taught in the urban schools and half the parents could careless it was really sad. It means alot to kids to have their parents involved, my son reads to me every night. He also likes to have me sit next to him while he does his homework if I didnt it wouldnt get finished. Just a half an hour of time with a child with academics can make a difference. Its very hard to get parents involved somtimes.

i feel strongly that a child should go to school what hopes do they have for the future if they cant read write or know simple basic things

i also help my son (6) at home by doing reading etc and when he asks questions i tell him the truth (no matter what he asks) this helps them learn more

Well I definetely believe that a good education starts at home, I read to my children every night.

it isimportant because it builds d child morally spiritually and academically and physically so its very important for d child d go to school to associate with people