orzoff
orzoff asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do conservatives claim a Left Wing Media Bias?

especially considering that they hold a virtual monopoly over all Cable TV news and AM Radio Talk shows, and most of those programs seem to be blatently slanted to the right!

Favorite Answer

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time now. All I can say is the RIGHT WING media bias keeps on telling lies about the so called left wing bias over and over, figuring if they say it long enough people will believe it. Kind of like Hitler did before WW2. Anyway, there arent any journalists in the media, they are all controlled by the government.

I know im going to get all thumbs down for this answer, but i really really don't care. It's because of all the blatantly left wing anchormen, and talk show hosts like Katie Couric who was basically throwing a huge hissy fit when Bush won the second time. She was rude to the republican people she interviewed. Others like Dan Rather, Tom Brokaw and almost every other newscaster is ridiculously left wing. Except for the Fox channel. The Media never tells about anything good going on if it helps Bush. You have to dig deep into the newspaper to find those amazing stories. If everyone believed the main media everyone would believe that nothing was going right and that Bush is an utter failure. He has not done a very good job on some issues, but you never hear ANYTHING good at all. If Bill Clinton were running this country and he had done the exact same things as Bush, you can all bet your rears that everyone would still adore him, simply because he's a democrat.

Source(s): -Original Me

Dan Rather

Keith Olbermann

Chris Matthews

Ed Bradley

Mike Wallace

Helen Thomas

Sam Donaldson

Katie Couric

Charlie Gibson

Judy Woodruff

Wolf Blitzer

Eleanor Clift

Maureen Dowd

Brian Williams

Barbara Walters

Rosie O'Donnell

Elizabeth Vargas

Norah O'Donnell

Kelly O'Donnell

Miles O'Brien

Soledad O'Brien

Tom Brokaw

Ted Turner

The Washington Post

The New York Times

The LA Times

Reuters

Any of these shill for the GOP?

one very simple example. how many good things have you seen on your news channel about what we have done for the people in Iraq? Now how many have you seen that shows a negative? Which party understands the war? Which doesnt? Then talk to or read all the military statements from people who are over there and see how they state there is so much good going on but you never see it in media. Do this with every aspect of world politics and you will see your answer.

and for above, the dont just come out and say it you have to read between the lines. Its against FCC to be biased ofcourse you arent going to see them say it out right.

Source(s): This is a letter from Ray Reynolds, a medic in the Iowa Army National Guard, serving in Iraq: As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media. They have done a very poor job of covering everything that has happened. I am sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you during my two week leave back home. And just so you can rest at night knowing something is happening in Iraq that is noteworthy, I thought I would pass this on to you. This is the list of things that has happened in Iraq recently: (Please share it with your friends and compare it to the version that your paper is producing.) * Over 400,000 kids have up-to-date immunizations. * School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war. * Over 1,500 schools have been renovated and rid of the weapons stored there so education can occur. * The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off-loaded from ships faster. * The country had its first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August. * Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever in Iraq. * The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war. * 100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed, compared to 35% before the war. * Elections are taking place in every major city, and city councils are in place. * Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city. * Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets. * Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country. * Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers. * Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever * Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to prevent the spread of germs. * An interim constitution has been signed. * Girls are allowed to attend school. * Textbooks that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first time in 30 years. Don't believe for one-second that these people do not want us there. I have met many, many people from Iraq that want us there, and in a bad way. They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but they hope their children will. We are doing a good job in Iraq and I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute me on these facts. So If you happen to run into John Kerry, be sure to give him my email address and send him to Denison, Iowa. This soldier will set him straight. If you are like me and very disgusted with how this period of rebuilding has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let them know there are good things happening. Ray Reynolds, SFC Iowa Army National Guard 234th Signal Battalion heres one for an example.

Well, take the presidential elections for example. A huge fuss was made in 2004 over George W. Bush's military service record. It went so far that Dan Rather was caught actually FORGING documents. When Clinton was running for president, his lack of military service was never questioned by the media.

I rarely if ever see specific stories or examples cited of left wing bias. I wonder if by left wing bias if they mean non right wing bias.

• ?

Print and network news, MSNBC, CNN, Public Broadcasting, all of Hollywood, all liberal-biased. You're correct that talk radio and cable news FOX, etc. is all right wing. Also, there are SO many great conservative talk show hosts. Even if you don;t agree with them, they are great at what they do. There are NO good liberal talk show hosts. Mainly, because nobody wants to hear you bash Bush all day. Talk about how you really like communism, keep it real.

• No one

All you need to do is examine the media, TV, magazines, and newspapers to see that there is a bias toward the liberal point of view. Most journalists and TV broadcasters admit to being liberal.

Chow!!

CNN and MSNBC are left

oh yeah, so is Geraldo, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert

Because it allows them to dismiss legitimate news stories in the mainstream media that seem to contradict their world view, so they don't have to admit to any failures of republican policy, right wing ideolgy etc.