is there a way to save my pics and docs off my computer without burning them to a cd.?

im going to reformat my computer and i just have a few documents and some pictures to save but i dont have a cd burnner, is there a website that will save photos and documents for you,Like photobucket could save my pics is there a site that saves docs?

Favorite Answer

try using a mail service with huge storage to store your documents safely. Yahoo is a great example. You can mail the documents and store it in the Yahoo mail server safely. happy saving :)

• Liz

I upload all my pics to yahoo photos. you can seperate them in folders, make available for public viewing to share or leave private. As for the docs, i don't know. I used to have an account with http://www.flipdrive.com/ I think it might be free for the first month and then like $4 a month for 20gb storage. Pics, files, music all kinds of stuff.

I use kodakgallery.com I upload my pictures on to that website and I can access them whenever. If anything every happens to the site that would suck big time so I don't just keep them there I keep them on my computer too but it is helpful. You can also send friends link to the albums you have on the site. Good luck!

Get a flash drive, aka jump drive, very cheap now days, you can find them at wal mart even. They plug into the usb drive and if your using win2000 or better then it doesnt even need to be installed just put it in and start using it.

Jon Ellender Sr. Tech.

Texas Tech Services

visit us on the web @

http://texastech.mycv.bz/

Email will work, but could be very slow. Also try saving it on an MP3 player

usb stick? but if that also isn't an option go to google fill in online save jpg and .doc loads of servers provide that option!

yes yahoo breifacse or even photo bucket, they have a big sapn and allow you to drag and drop

for the next time log in and put them back on your computer

Source(s): i have used yahoo photo'd / breifacse for 9 years my kids life is in it and its the free on they give you alot of space to use

transfer to an external drive, or network drive, use a flash drive. ZIP DIsks, floppy disks, DVD, or upload to your FTP space, or email to yoru self

You could simply e-mail your docs. back to yourself. don't redownload them from your server until you reformat.

use an external hard drive... or use a different hard drive inside your comp and dont reformat that one