Do you know a person like this....?

They know something about everything. No matter what you're talking about, they HAVE to stick their two cents in even if they're completely wrong. Why oh why do people do that? It's really annoying!!!!! If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk! Do people just like to hear themselves speak? Do they think they sound intelligent? I think people who know something about everything seem very ignorant at times.

Favorite Answer

everyone i know does that!! and it annoys the heck out of me. i'm the only one i know that doesn't do that (i'm not trying to flatter myself) and whenever i keep quiet about something i don't know people complain about my being shy!!!!!!!!!

it's ridicuoelus!!!!!!!!

(willsomeone please tell me how to spell ridiculeauoss)(lol ;-) )

I had an acquaintance with the same problem. Me, well I am just a sneaky little wynch that had to put an end to this annoyance. I researched a topic and printed it out. I memorized several key factors on the subject. I put the copy in my purse. The next time I had to see her (unfortunately she ran in the same crowd) I started talking about the subject but I gave some wrong info, and as soon as she agreed or gave her two cents worth , I would say "No, that's wrong, I remember now, it was...blah, blah", give correct info. Then moved on about the subject and gave more wrong info, each time she butted in and said she knew that, did that, or gave a better way of it, I again, said "No, that's wrong, I remember now, it was blah, blah , blah" Finally it made her look like a liar, an idiot, and completely foolish, then I pulled out the printout from on-line when she told me I WAS THE ONE WHO DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING! I got the last laugh, and my friends totally enjoyed the little show! Now I am not telling you to do this...lol hint hint

I know many people like this. They're usually the kind that hang around answering random questions on Yahoo! Answers most of the day ;-)

Honestly though, these people are some of the worst kind of socially awkward people. They feel the need to be included, maybe even at the center of, every conversation that goes on around them. These people are threatened by a topic of conversation to which they have nothing constructive to add.

We call them WEFEs - World's Experts on F-ing Everything.

And you're absolutely right: they mostly just seem ignorant without realizing it.

Yes, I do. I usually have an opinion about a lot of things. But I certainly know when I'm wrong or when I've gone overboard. I'm a very talkative person too. Lots of times, people will come to me with their problems to see if I have any suggestions. Maybe the person you're talking about just wants to be your friend or have someone to listen to? If that's the case, give them a few minutes of your time, you'll make their day. And you never know, they may tell you something that you really didn't know to begin with. Like a new job or a new way to make money. Use this person's knowledge to benefit you! It's a thought. Good luck.

• Mimi

Yes, I do know people like that and it reminds me of the quote from Abraham Lincoln.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Don't let that person get to you. There's nothing you can do to stop them from saying what they will. They end up putting their foot in their mouth more often than not.

P.S.

I hope my answer doesn't come off like I'm a know-it-all. :)

Oh yes. I have an in-law just like that. They only think they know all the answers, but get proved wrong 99% of the time, but still argue they're right

• Kabu

I know people like that. They do think they sound intelligent. They are ignorant.

I did know a person like that, but I stoopped hanging out with him because it was too annoying!

I have a best friend that used to do that until I finally said something to her about it

• Issym

My best comment I use to say to ppl that are like this.

"Do you speak just to hear your head roar"

i know alot of people like that you just have let them think they know what they are talking about just say something like o really and just act like you agree with them