Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

wouldn't it be nice to take day off if there is nothing to do at work?

i am so bored and dont understand y can't i go home. :-)

well there are times its very buy. but if there is no project its boring.

yep no pay that is true. but i am just talking in general.

Favorite Answer

I am in exactly the same position! Take a walk, take a nap, read a book... My company was acquired and I am just biding my time until they let me go in a couple months. Until then, they want to pay me for sitting here "just in case". It sucks. I feel for you, and I concur. They should just let us stay home.

If you get your work done in advance, and have vacation or personal time available, there shouldn't be a problem with taking time off.

If you want to be innovative, can you use the time to do something useful at your work, such as organizing a better system of filing or processing information. Then you can add that to your resume that you initiated improvements on your own, or designed a new system that the company adopted.

You can also offer to cross-train in other duties so you expand your work experience, and can even learn management skills.

• Jen

Some company's let people go home when there is not enough work, but don't expect to get paid.

Heck, I have that problem almost everyday. So, I sit at my desk and get paid. Not so bad sometimes.

It's nice to take the day off, but we all need the money.

• Sara S

i hardly have anything to do at work...so I go online all day! better to get paid being on Yahoo Answers than at home not paid...??!!!

You can go home. They might not pay you.

heads up if there is nothing to do at work don't expect that job to last.