Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Cuba's relations with the United States, information please!!!!?

I am doing a research on Cuba, the Cold war, Guantanamo Bay. etc...

Basically to conclude my research I need to speak about the relation with Cuba and the States, how both countries are with one and another today, socially, economically and politically...

Can anyone talk to me about it??? ( serious answers please)

Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Cuba's leader, Fidel Castro, came to power in 1959 and immediately instituted a communist program of sweeping economic and social changes. Castro allied his government with the Soviet Union and seized and nationalized billions of dollars of American property. U.S. relations with Cuba have been strained ever since. A trade embargo against Cuba that was imposed in 1960 is still in place today.

Twelve years after the breakup of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War, Cuba continues to command the attention of U.S. policymakers. Although Russia and the former eastern bloc countries have undergone widespread democratic and free-market economic reform, Cuba remains one of the only communist dictatorships in the world. Removing Castro from power and implementing reform in Cuba are top U.S. foreign policy priorities, but lawmakers disagree on the best course of action.

• C = JD

When Castro dies, I'll be dancing in the streets.

(And I don't even know how to dance.)

• lobo

try wikipedia.com and then google Castro