I am now on a diabetic diet... I need ideas for dinner with the following items.. ...?

i need the dinner to include 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 milk, 1-2 vegetables, 3 meats, 2 fat.... those are all portions,

Any help would be great! :)

Favorite Answer

A Surprise-Inside French Toast * RATING * 4.1 out of 5 11 reviews

[Reset]

Keys : Diabetic Special Diets Breakfast Main Dish French France European Mediterranean

Ingredients :

1/4cuppart-skim ricotta cheese

1/4cupwhipped cottage cheese

2tbllow-fat cream cheese

2tspsugar

2tspany extract

(try orange, vanilla, strawberry, almond)

12xegg substitutes

1/4cupevaporated milk

Cooking spray as needed

Method :

* Cut a pocket in each slice of bread. Open carefully.

* With an electric beater, whip together the cheeses, sugar, and extract. Spread the mixture evenly into each bread pocket.

* Beat together the eggs and milk. Dip the bread slices in the egg-milk mixture. Turn to coat both sides.

* Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Coat with spray. Cook the toast on each side for about 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden brown.

* This recipe yields 6 servings. Serving Size: 1 slice (2 egg substitutes).

* Comments: Stuffed French toast with a creamy filling is good paired with a fibrous fruit such as a 1/2 cup fresh raspberries. 6 slices challah or French bread, cut 2 inches thick (if you can find whole-wheat, the better)

* This French toast is high in sodium, primarily because of the cheeses. For a lower-sodium dish, substitute no-salt cheeses if you can find them.

15-Minute Chili

[Reset]

Keys : Diabetic Special Diets Chili Main Dish

Ingredients :

1lbground turkey

1cankidney or pinto beans - (15 oz) drained, rinsed

1canlow-fat low-sodium chicken broth

1candiced tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz) undrained

(flavored with chilies, preferably)

1cantomato paste - (6 oz)

1tblchili powder

1/8tspcinnamon

1/4tspcumin

1/2tspfreshly-ground black pepper

Method :

* In a large nonstick saucepan, brown the ground turkey until it is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.

* Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.

* This recipe yields 4 servings.

* Serving size: 1 cup.

1

Source(s): Destroy Diabetes Starting Today - http://diabetescure.raiwi.com/?VSYw

2

Source(s): Reverse Any Diabetes Easily : http://diabetesgofar.com/?xCGh

I could give you a number of dishes with the items you need in your diet. But, I don't have all day, so I am going to tell you to go to google and type in "free diabetic recipes." When ever I have to cook special needs diets, I usually do this because is a lot easier then sitting down and figuring out how many carbs are in this and how much protein is in this. There are a number of sights you will get. I am sure you will never run out of recipes if you do this and you can still try some interesting dishes without having to do all the work of writing them. My mother who is also a chef does this too and she just found out she is diabetic, so I am pretty sure it is safe and efficient.

I am writing to tell you what an incredible impact these methods had on my life! I have had type 2 diabetes for 27 years. For me, the worst part of this horrible disease is the severe pain I constantly get in my feet. The pain is so bad that I avoid standing and walking as much as possible. I've got to tell you that within the first month, my feet stopped hurting altogether and I can now walk totally pain free.

Believe it or not, I even danced at my niece's wedding last month, something I have not done in a many years. I've been following the book for six months now and my blood sugar is well within normal range. I feel great!

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Your doctor should have given you a list called the Diabetic Exchange list. It shows which foods are in which categories and the appropriate serving sizes. Based on what you have supplied an example meal is below:

Starch = 1/2 cup rice

Fruit = 1 orange

Milk = 8 oz glass milk

Veg = 1/2 cup cooked broccoli & 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower

Meat = 3 oz chicken breast, baked

Fat = 2 tsp butter

Forget anything you have ever been told about Diabetes.

And get this - it has nothing to do with insulin, exercise, diet or anything else you've heard in the past. It's all based on latest breakthrough research that Big Pharma is going Stir Crazy to hide from you.

Visit here : https://tr.im/KfVg2 to find out what all the fuss is about.

• Lisa H

be careful with starches. Some starches masquerade as veggies. Like potatoes and corn. While technically veggies, they are counted in diabetic terms as starch.

Also it is a really good idea if you eat smaller and more frequent meals to help maintain your blood sugar all day long. 6 mini meals is better than 3 big ones.

You should also have access to a diabetes clinic in your area that should have a dietician to help as well.

You can eliminate the starch if you want. Just eat any combination of meat and veggies in the proportion that you list.

They let you eat some starch - potato/root veggies, pasta, bread, because they know how much people are addicted to sugar. But your best health is to eliminate it all together.

Steak and a ton of veggies, salad.

Chicken and a ton of veggies, salad.

Use broccoli or califlower instead of pasta, cover it with your favorite sauce, salad.

some beans, hamburger patty, low sugar ketchup, mustard, cheese, lettuce tomato.

only eat fruit with meals. Berrys are best.

Take an multivitamin/antioxident with chromium, selenium.

www.recipesource.com/special-diets/diabetic, www.diabetic-recipes.com, www.diabetic-diet-recipes.com

Though I could not find specifically what you were looking for in my recipe books, here are a few sites on the web that might be helpful.