Best table food starters for an 8 month old?

My 8 month old is ready to start eating some table foods, and I would just like some ideas on what to give him other than green beans, peas and carrots.

Favorite Answer

anything really except for dairy.. i used to just make my own food and then use a food grinder to mush it up so my son could eat it.. it tastes better that way.. and i saved alot of money on buying baby food in jars.. let me know if u want a link on where to get a baby food grinder. but some ideas would be:

sweet potatoes, apples, prunes, bananas, pears, chicken/beef, mixed veggies, any type of squash..except spaghetti squash..

Your milk won't dry up as long as you hold nursing him. he's only gotten relatively sturdy at getting the milk out and it takes him much less time then it used too. I honestly have 6 month previous twins and that they nurse 6-7 cases daily and function some million/4 cup of rice cereal interior the mornings. toddlers get all the nutrition they desire from breast milk in the time of the 1st 12 months solids are only extra desirable it is not significant how plenty they consume it is in basic terms for the journey of ingesting solid meals.

Mashed potatoes, gravy, any chunky sauce. If your baby has teeth, get these things called baby biters, they are really hard, it helps with teething, and self feeding. a little messy once they start getting down on it. pizza sauce. Ice Cream. Some of the jar desserts, and fruits are good.

combine 2 fruits! combine 2 to 3 vegetables! babies this age also need their protein, and Iron. meat, tofu mixed with oatmeal. boil them soft and well. make sure all is mashed really well. pureed. if you have a bullet or a blender that can do it.

get a book by Cathe Olson called simply natural baby foods.

no dairy products yet. easy on salt and sugar.

french toast sticks, pancakes, waffles, toast, banannas, blueberries cut in half, canned fruit (l always got lite syrup and washed it off in a strainer before serving it to wash off the extra sugar and syrup), mashed potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes, cheerios, life cereal, mango.

mashed potatoes get a grinder and grind meat and all but then black eye peas and veinna sauasages chopped up and all

avacado, asparagus tips, potato dices, cheese, cottage cheese, sweet potatoes,

corn *makes interesting diaper*

pears, peaches, bananas

apples *slightly cooked to make really soft*

• lola

caned fruit, bananas