Is jewelry an OK gift in this situation?

It would be either an inexpensive but nice necklace or bracelet for a girl who is just a freind.

Favorite Answer

get her a necklace because she can wear that with just about anything, just make sure that it is long like 48 or 60" the really long necklaces are back in.

As a former jewelry professional I encourage you to buy a gift that your friend will enjoy and appreciate over time. Jewelry certainly fits that description! In general, women should own more earrings than any other jewelry item, as these accessories are worn every day and can have a dramatic impact on a person's appearance. A round earring can downplay an elongated face or a dangling earring can downplay a strong jaw or round face.

Great items are available in sterling silver at reasonable prices. I do not normally recommend buying jewelry on ebay, but a reputable jewelry store closes out inventory there, and I saw these earrings listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item...

The store, www.mednikowcloseouts.com has great bargains on name-brand items.

Good luck!

I think it's PERFECTLY fine as long as it's just a nice costume piece or something simple. I have several long long time male friends and they very often give me jewlery as gifts. Anything but rings is good to go. I can't imagine in any way why anyone would ever feel uncomfortable about that. Again- anything simple...and anything but a ring.

Depends...does she know she's just a friend or will she think about you differently when she opens it? Jewelry is a personal gift.

If a guy friend gave me a piece of jewelry I would think of it as an odd gift.....unless we had been friends for years.

She might misinterpret you for it. Usually jewelries are given to relatives like daughters or to sweethearts.

I think so. Nothing with diamonds or anything like that. A pretty chain with a charm on it would be nice and I'm sure she wouldn't think you had ulterior motives.

well I dont know the situation, but if she is a really close friend Id say its OK, usually it is a romantic gesture though....

• Lydia

You bet - girls like all kinds of jewellery.