Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why is it I can't let this person go even though I know I can never have him?

Favorite Answer

babes that is love you must really love him but don't put yourself down its not that you can't get him you just act scared because he might have never went with a girl like you before and you think you aren't his type but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to get with you there is a first time for everything so stop acting all scary and just gone and holla at him

I know the feeling. So many times we set up an alternate reality, where we see ourselves with the person who captures our hearts and when reality and fantasy finally collide it can be tough to know the difference. Maybe this isn't what your feeling at all, but that is my experience. I have known this girl for about 2 years, and we have been really good friends, I finally tried to make more of it than that-I told her I loved her, and she said she loved me too, LIKE A BROTHER. Well I can't stop thinking about her anyway, and I still picture us together, it is just so strongly entrenched. I guess this probably doesn't help you a whole lot. Sorry.

It's really hard. Isn't it?

You have all this love inside, and it's not reciprocated.

All I can tell you, is, that it will subside. But it will take time. And it will hurt some. But if you take time to get to know this person, you might just end up with a very special friend. Your love can evolve into something else, in time.

Source(s): Personal Experience

poor baby. I have been there.

You just have to grow up.. you have to accept that you cannot conntrol anyone but yourself.

You may not want to hear this, but it is true.. time does make it less and less and less painful. It takes time.

In the meantime, be your own best friend. Invest in you.. little things to make yourself feel better. I used to buy myself flowers, hot tub, bubble bath, maybe a nice bottle of wine or exquisite chocolate or perfume. Pamper you and take care of you.

You will be amazed that one day you WILL find someone who loves you as much or even MORE than you love them.. now what would that be like?

take care, friend. You are stronger than you know.

• .

You are getting something out of hanging on and being masochistic. Why waste time and emotion on something you cannot have? This life is too short to waste a minute of it...you can be pretty sure that other person isn't sitting around *sighing* over you...they are living life and moving forward.

You need to move forward too.

Love Hurts and it is hard to let someone go that you love. You have to fine someone new and get over the one you can not have. It will hurt but it will be the for the best for you.Try meeting new men , but don't rush into it take your time and love will come to you.

because you chose to not let it go... you see, life is just a matter of choice. yes or no. in or out. pass or fail. hit or miss. love or hate. it's either you do or you don't. you have to have the drive to accept the fact that he's is waaaaayy impossible to come true. only then you can start moving one step forward...

Are you dependent on him or what? It is important that you let go of your infatuations and believe in yourself. Let the bird go, if it comes back to you, i means that you belong together.

Cause love is stong. but don't think you can never have him just think about niki parker from the show the PARKERS and me i was in love with this very straight guy and i knew it and i went after him now he's gay with me and we date

if you wanna talk my e-mail is zonethang@yahoo.com ok

Why cant you have him? is he married? if he is not married than you guys still have a chance. Unless he doesn't have the same feelings for you than what you have for him.