Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

creation and evolution who has the authority?

Does it matter to you the occupation of the person answering question about evolution and creationism? For instance do you listen to a doctor or a lawyer? Please put the following profession in to order that you give them authority in this debate:

Retail sale associate

Politian

Doctor

Lawyer

Baker/Chef

Small BusinessOwner

Engineer

Biologist

Housewife

High school Student

Computer technician

any others you want to throw in...

Favorite Answer

Biologist

Doctor

Engineer

Computer technician

Lawyer

Small Business Owner

Baker/Chef

Retail sale associate

Politician

High school Student

Housewife

If I have a question about a product, I will speak to a sales representative. If I have a question about my health, I would prefer a doctor, but I'd also accept a veterinarian or a biologist, since these are related fields. If I have a question about the law, I would prefer a judge but I would also accept a lawyer or a paralegal.

If I had a question that pertained to a scientific field, I'd prefer an expert, but I'd accept in lesser amounts someone from another field; a doctor might be able to give me detailed information on the workings of my heart, but a computer science major would probably have taken enough biology to give me some reliable basics about it.

If I have a question pertaining to a deity, I'd want to speak to a theologian, but a philosopher would probably suffice as well depending on the question. If my question was of a practical nature, a minister or preacher would be a great source.

Creation is a theological matter. It is not and cannot be scientific. Speak with your minister.

Evolution is a scientific matter, specifically biological. Speak with a biologist, or at least a scientist.

Certainly, the profession SHOULD make a difference.....but it hardly ever does.....

As an example, I can tell you a myriad of information Christians have sent me as PROOF of God or Creationism or some other dogmatic beleif they hold. Each time I am given the inforomation, the first thing I look for is the author - andd then I research their background. It is funny to me that many of these people's names are preceeded by "Dr." - but when one digs a little deeper, they find out that the guy has a doctorate degree in RELIGION - which hardly makes them an authority on biology, and vice versa...

To answer your question, only a Biologist on the above list has "authority" to respond to questions of evolution. And no one on the list has authority to speak on religious topics - except maybe the politician... After all, they are more skilled in BSing the population....

It has nothing to do with a person's occupation. Creationism is stupid and will not hold up scientifically. If a doctor believes in Creationism then I sure do not want to go to that doctor.

I think intelligent people with educations do not believe in Creationism

No one should be held over another person by race, religion or postion

Everyone is on the same level of authority. It's only important to the individual person, to be honest. As long as people will stop trying to force it on others, people can choose whether to subscribe to creationism or not.

• A

1.) Biologist

The only one who has a good idea of what evolution is. The rest of them have valid opinions, but the Biologist is the only one who has authority on the subject of evolution.

As far as religion goes, you would want to talk to a religious expert (a religious experts usually knows very little of evolution though).

Everyone is not on the same level of authority - a biologist has actually gone to college and learned about evolution!!!

• Cal

The Bible hints at evolution and creation as being the same. How can I address such a question??

A job title does not (to me)give anyone a higher authority on one matter or another.

well id go biologist #1 and all of the rest have to listen to him because he is the specialist in the field. if any of the other people make a decision without consulting the biologist, their decision is uninformed and carries no weight.

who cares who it is coming from. You shouldn't listen to others anyways, you should do your own research.