Is it bad to have feelings for someone that just got out of jail, when you are sixteen, and he is like 18?

• Viki
    Favorite Answer

What do you think? o_O

But really, it's not bad to have those feelings... but ten to one it would be really really bad to follow through on those feelings. First, he's older. Second, he's just out of jail. Second, 16 is a very emotionally turbulent age. Your feelings can feel very genuine and sincere, but give it just a couple of years, and you might be wondering why you ever even looked at him.

Yes - it is not bad bad - but is bad in that by seeing you, you would have him committing a parole violation which is a serious crime and a crime in that you are under age and he is over 18. If both your parents and both his parents give permission, then maybe you could be his friend but never ever date him till you are over 18 yourself. I know that seems awful stupid as at 16 you are just as smart as I am, but the fact is still that it is the law. If you have true feelings for him = stay away and help him resist committing crimes.

Yes it's bad. He is already a criminal with all that entails...including finding it very hard to get a job or a place that will rent to him etc etc. Why start out with a loser? He probably told you its not his fault didnt he? That everyone is out to get him? Pluleeeeez. Stay away...dont get dragged down to his level. Feelings are one thing...but you will have them for many people in your life. Just dont let them ruin any chance you have of a good life by getting involved with this loser.

• F.J.

It can be...

I had a boyfriend once who was always in trouble like that, and he was really nice. I still talk to him sometimes, actually. But he's not a guy you would want to marry or anything.

If there are are a million guys around why chose the one with issues?

Feelings are never wrong but they're not always smart.

Just got out of jail huh? I guess its okay. especially if thats the best you can do...which apparently it must be.

• im glad i know you!!! lol. well you see i think its fine as long as you dont get him in trouble... and well for the dumb reason why he went to jail i think its a good idea... some people just dont know the whole story... GET HIM GURL!!!!

No theres nothing wrong with that. after all your human, and you see something in him that attracts you to him. Go for it. its only 2 year difference. Just dont have sexual relations with him till you know you are ready. Have fun, go out with him, meet his friends, hang out, talk.

this guy is a LOOOOOOOSER why don't you find someone that will complement you and are proud to go out with this person needs to get himself together

no, my bf went to jail and i still love him and he is 2 years older than me. so do what u want honey!