what is a cardigan?

hmmm

Update:

j_va84 u didnt have 2 get yo stank *** lil attitude!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

it is a type of sweater...they usually aren't very cute! I mean Howdies beat their looks! LOL

A sweater that buttons all the way down.

A cardigan is a type of sweater/jumper with buttons or zips down the front. It was named after James Thomas Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan, a British military commander, during his service in the Crimean War. It is usually machine or hand knitted from wool. Cardigans are available for both sexes but recent fashions have resulted in them being more typically worn by women and fashion-forward men. They are very much synonymous with indie rock and twee fashion.

BASICALLY A SWEATER THAT BUTTONS OR ZIPS DOWN THE FRONT:)

It is a sweater, usually as a button-down, zip down, or with a tied belt. A traditional cardigan is typically thought of as part of a twin-set - a cardigan and a shell.

a sweater. very cute

A sweater with buttons down the front.

A light weight sweater with buttons

to be a sweater the buttoned up the front not a pull over.

a button up the front sweater

A carigan is a button up swearter not a pull over and its a trend now. Also I think its goes go with chunky necklaces.

((({{THAT IS WHAT IT IS}})))

• 1 decade ago

A cardigan is a type of sweater/jumper with buttons or zips down the front. It was named after James Thomas Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan, a British military commander, during his service in the Crimean War. It is usually machine or hand knitted from wool. Cardigans are available for both sexes but recent fashions have resulted in them being more typically worn by women and fashion-forward men. They are very much synonymous with indie rock and twee fashion.

BASICALLY A SWEATER THAT BUTTONS OR ZIPS DOWN THE FRONT:)

• nemo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

A cardigan is a long sleeved knit sweater- not the material of t-shirts- that has to button up the front, stay open, or close with some other type of closure- a hook maybe. Cardigans usually do not have zippers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is a sweater, usually as a button-down, zip down, or with a tied belt. A traditional cardigan is typically thought of as part of a twin-set - a cardigan and a shell.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A light weight sweater with buttons

• 1 decade ago

A sweater with buttons down the front.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

used to be a sweater the buttoned up the front not a pull over.

• lola
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

A sweater that buttons all the way down.

• 1 decade ago

A carigan is a button up swearter not a pull over and its a trend now. Also I think its goes go with chunky necklaces.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is a type of sweater...they usually aren't very cute! I mean Hoodies beat their looks! LOL

Source(s): Italian Girl racer
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.