Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 decade ago

Best Tours, Sights, Food for budgeted -minded group?

I and 9 other female family members aged 54-16 will be visiting NYC between Christmas and New Years. It is our Christmas present to ourselves. Any suggestions on Tours, Sights, Bargain Shopping, and Food? Will it be too cold to ride on the Double Decker buses? What is the possibility of being in a studio audience? Best thing to do New Years Eve? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

New Years Eve - the best bet I'd say is to either find a private party where you can celebrate the balldrop or camp out and wait for the balldrop near Times Square. Be prepared to get there well in advance though...it's going to take a lot of standing and waiting in cold, windy conditions!

Sights - definitely go to the top of the Empire State Building. It's pretty cliche, but it's a must in New York. Central Park is also a must-see, and I'd definitely recommend maybe going for a horse-carriage ride through the park on a sunny day. Also check out the big Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center - I believe there are also quite a few TV stations in the area, maybe you could be part of the audience for the taping of a show. I don't know how difficult it is to get tickets for show tapings, however...

Enjoy your trip to New York!

a million. previous San Juan, which incorporate El Morro and San Cristobal fortresses. 2. Caribbean national wooded area (El Yunque Rain wooded area) 3. a night-time Kayak excursion of the Bioluminiscent Lagoon in Vieques (plenty extra effective than l. a. Parguera, have faith me, i've got considered the two.) 4. Arecibo Observatory and Rio Camuy Caverns Park. 5. Any of the numerous seashores in Puerto Rico. (Dorado, Luquillo, etc.) have exciting!

what?