?
Lv 5
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Bush says US forces will stay in Iraq until "victory is achieved." How does he now define "victory" in Iraq?

A stable democracy? The end of sectarian fighting?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When he says it's victory!

• 1 decade ago

Well if you can read the Mind of Your President, we will All have the answer to your question. There will never be a Victory achieved! These waring countries have been at for centuries, what makes your President think he can stop it. Look at Ireland, 5 - 600 years in a Religious War - Good Luck! Your tax dollars should be spent in a more constructive way, like rebuilding of your own Country, and the disasters you have been recently hit with. Don't you think?

Source(s): A polical Savage....
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

the reason that we hit upon ourselves in one in all those awful predicament on the instant is this question replaced into no longer spoke back previously we began the present conflict. in certainty, we definitively gained the protection stress factor of the customary conflict, yet Bush and employer did no longer have sufficient prescience to foresee the aftermath and be arranged for that. i'm satisfied you probably did no longer ask 'the thank you to' do this yet in basic terms requested for a definition because of the fact i'm unsure how or if the wanted effect may well be effected as we talk. winning could be using overseas all people who won't make contributions to a non violent functioning government which would be self preserving. that's that easy to define; that's only approximately impossible to realize given all the outdoors intervention and help from neighboring international places that the rebelling factions get carry of and as you noted the historic internecine issues of the inhabitants. If shall we cope with to pay for to place 2-3 million adult males in arms there for 10 years shall we accomplish it yet we will not cope with to pay for that decision. If we had positioned a million/2 million (Colin Powell's quantity and mine) there initially we in all probability would have carried out it, regardless of the undeniable fact that that's plenty too overdue now.

Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The big picture would say that Until Iraq can keep Iran from taking them over and turning on Israel, ultimately causing a nuclear conflict.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

VIctory in Iraq is when the republicans get a president elected in 2008. anything else will be what they deem failure. that is the whole reason for it in the first place. to prop up bushs sagging popularity just before the war ( the tail wags the dog)

at the rate we are going the war will be a failure( lost)

boo hoo

• 1 decade ago

The week before the 2008 election, "victory" is achieved. Its based on time, not fact.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know if there will ever be victory especially as President Bush thinks!

• 1 decade ago

When the iraqi security forces and the Government can stand without our military propping them up!!

• 1 decade ago

I honestly don't think anyone knows anymore.

First it was liberate them from the tyranny of Saddam. Once that was completed, it was to democratize their government.

Now it is... well they won't have a democracy like ours but...

• 1 decade ago

the internet is saying that bush and the dem,s ,,,,well mainly the dem,s ,,,are to plan a swift removal from iraq....like i said the party,s over...cheers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.