why did Google shut down Google Answers?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is a question in which no body except the Larry and Sergey (Google founders) will be able to truly answer. However speculators claims that Google Answers does not have much profitability or market share (Yahoo Answers) which resulted in its withdrawal. I personally hope that Google may release an entirely new Google Answers service that may be able to compete with Yahoo Answers while being integrated into its Search Results.

Google Answers will stop receiving questions today and will stop answering questions at the end of this year.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What are you talking about, I just checked and it looks like its up and running to me. Why would you want to use google answers when you can use yahoo answers for free.

• copier
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

undesirable promoting. i did not hear about Google solutions till they close down. to boot to undesirable promoting, Google solutions is a pay web site. you would possibly want to pay on your solutions. i'm hoping they were reliable high quality solutions.

• Lydia
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No one was very interested in having to pay for advice and information these days, when so much is available gratis.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This article will explain it

http://www.pcworld.com/article/128040-1/article.ht...

pakratts

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.