My friends told me to change my rear tires and I'm just about to do that?

Where will the brand new tire goes? Rear or front?

Favorite Answer

if your going to change your tires buy all 4 at the same time but if your not look at all the tires and pick out the best 2 (tread wise) and buy the new ones and put the new ones on the driving wheels i.e front wheel drive cars rear wheel drive etc. etc.

Source(s): ima mechanic and an amatur drifter and i go through alot of tires

Front.

Rear tires wear the least (because they don't steer the car). So put the front tires on the rear and new tires on the front so that your older tires (that you will put on the rear) don't wear out too soon.

i have heard two things about this

1. I heard to put them in the back so if one blows you dont spin out and something about tire wear, but i dont believe a word of that.

2. this is what i do, i always put my new tires in the front, because if you have a blow out in the front there goes your steering, but if you have a blow out in the back ya it could put the car sideways a little bit but at least i will be able to steer away fron danger.

I would put new tires on the front because front tires do most of the braking and that is most important.

i think it depends if the car is all wheel drive or not....