Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Americans Being Clever?? What do you think??

TOPEKA, KS—In response to a Nov. 7 referendum, Kansas lawmakers passed emergency legislation outlawing evolution, the highly controversial process responsible for the development and diversity of species and the continued survival of all life.From now on, the streets, forests, plains, and rivers of Kansas will be safe from the godless practice of evolution, and species will be able to procreate without deviating from God's intended design," said Bob Bethell, a member of the state House of Representatives. "This is about protecting the integrity of all creation."The sweeping new law prohibits all living beings within state borders from being born with random genetic mutations that could make them better suited to evade predators, secure a mate, or, adapt to a changing environment. In addition, it bars any sexual reproduction, battles for survival, or instances of pure happenstance that might lead, after several generations, to a more well-adapted species or subspecies.Violators of the new law may face punishments that include jail time, stiff fines, and rehabilitative education and training to rid organisms suspected of evolutionary tendencies.

some people know their vegies!!! :O)

Favorite Answer

Is this from The Onion?

I believe that this is a step backwards and a downfall for the American education system. I refuse, in fact, to teach in Kansas because of this reason. We are falling behind in most subject areas to other countries because of our sensativity and political correctness and this is the reason why. It is not being clever but being stupid. Abundantly stupid. I am not Christian but I am not against Christianity, until it comes to a point such as this. This is a mixture of curch and state and should be tolerated by the Sepreme Court.

Hahaha

Is this a joke?? I cant wait to see them lock up the first child born with malformations.......

thats not clever. Thats fundie Christians attempting yet again to have their BS philosophies made into laws to affect an entire population. I hope whoever sponsored the bill has a child born with three eyes. that'll teach them....

• gwaz

totally ******* crazy and these are the kind of moronic lunatics running the country

they don't believe in evolution because the have not evolved beyond the cave man state

The people of Kansas aren't any too gall darn schmart.

if evolution didn't exist, we would all be exactly the same, luckily that isn't the case. americans are always clever, like myself, maybe it's an evolution thing 8)

Sounds like the Onion...

evolution has way more merit than creation any day of the week and twice and sunday. i cant wait to leave this country.

This is a satire from the onion.

Not to be taken literally, thankfully.