How do you burn a movie you downloaded that is already decoded and what dvd do you use ( like DVD-R, DVD+R)?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you've got a movie that's between 700 MB and 1.3 GB (or very close to one of those) then you've most likely got an .AVI file. If your dvd player plays AVI files then you don't have to do anything. You can burn them to CD-R or even DVD-R. Some movies take 1 or 2 cd-r. 700 MB = 1 cd-r, 1.3 GB = 2 cd-r. If your dvd player won't play AVI files, then you need to encode the movie into DVD-video format. I use ConvertXtoDVD to do this, because it's so easy to use, but it costs money. But there are probably some free ones if you go to download.com and search -- convert avi to dvd. You kind of have to know what you're doing though. I'm not saying you won't get lucky, or it won't work, but burning movies is 10 times more difficult than burning audio cds. Here's a tip that should help some: if you're in America, make sure you set the format to be NTSC, definitely not PAL or SECAM. After converting it you still have the task of burning it. You can burn with another application like Nero, or some free one you get off download.com. If you end up getting ConvertXtoDVD that will actually burn movies too.

As far as DVD-R vs. DVD+R, they're both about the same. Some DVD players don't use +R, though, so I would recommend -R. It's just two different companies that didn't want to unite so they came out with both kinds.

Source(s): 3 years of burning dvds
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.