I need to match some Oak furniture?

can anyone recommend a source for ready to finish oak furniture so I can stain it to match my existing pieces?

Favorite Answer

Go to the RTF industry website

www.unfinishedfurniture.org

It will list virtually every single unfinished oak furniture maker in the nation.

As for matching the stain, take a drawer front of the already stained item and give it to a cabinet shop or unfinished store and ask them to come up with a match.

There are tons of places called unfinished wood warehouses but it is all going to depend on where you are located. Check your yellow pages under unfinished wood not furniture

Once you have the piece good luck Macing the color unless you stained all the other stuff yourself!

manufacturers sometimes will send you a can of stain that matches their furniture but that's going to be pretty expensive and not all manufactures do it.

You other option is to get a few different colors of stain (Miniwax is the best) and mix them together until you get a color you think is going to be close. The trick is to make enough to do the entire piece because the duplicate your mixture is well impossible.

I would find the manufacture and see if they have sample cans or stain they can send you.

• cami

gothic cabinet in NYC. they offer finished natural wood pieces you can stain to your liking.