Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Law School or Med School?

I took the MCAT and got a 30. I took the LSAT and got a 167.

My GPA is 3.9.

What should I do

Favorite Answer

definitely med school

Well, med school requires four years of study, followed by 3+ years of residency depending on your specialization. Also, an additional fellowship may be needed if you want persue an even more specialized area. Law on the other usually requires 3 years of study and if you're in the top of your class a good job when you graduate. However, you will spend somewhere around 7-8 years as an associate in a firm making ~$80,000-$100,000. After that you can become a partner and begin making percentages of cases. That's when the big money starts. But you must do well in school.

Stock Market

both fields require hard work. Give it a serious thought. Consider your interests. Talk to people in those professions and then decide. All the best.

Too many doctors and lawyers out there. Chose something else that won't put you in debt for the next 25 years.

I think that your decision should be based on which career you would like to pursue. Do you want to practice law or do you want to work in the medical field?...That should determine which one you should do. Hope this helps!

• yusdz

Depends on your personal interest

Which ever one that you would enjoy more.