Can/will your water break if you go into premature labor?

Just curious...If you are 5 months pregnant will your water break if you go into premature labor or does the Dr break it themselves?

• Cara M
    Favorite Answer

it probably won't break at 5 months. But once it breaks, the Dr's have no choice but to deliver the baby at that point because of risk of infection. But your water doesn't have to break for you to go into preterm labor and experience the contractions, etc.

if your bag of water breaks while you are 5 months pregnant all by its' self, yes that is premature labor....Dr's would want to deliver you within 24 hrs to help prevent infection. I have never heard a Dr breaking your water at 5 months unless the child died while in-utero and needs you to deliver the fetus

Every case is different. I went into premature labor several times before I delivered and my water never broke. I started with premature labor at 6 mos and was in and out of the hospital until I delivered by c-section at 34 weeks. If your water does break you will have to deliver that baby if it doesn't they will most likely try to stop your labor.

• douds

i replaced right into an afternoon in the previous being 38 weeks prego. The nighttime in the previous I had a pair severe braxton hicks contractions yet they went away. 4 hours later I wakened, feeling wonderful, to apply the rest room at 1am and after I stood up my water broke! I felt wonderful (basically gushing water lol) till we were given to the wellness middle and then my contractions immediately all started coming 3 minutes aside. they had to calm them with meds reason i absolutely replaced into scheduled for a c area that similar day (breech infant), then 8:19 am Evie replaced into born! She must have widely used she replaced into coming and replaced into getting irritating haha =] good success hun!

It Can Break But It Is Not Likely.

Source(s): Experience

some women break water some others don't so the dr's at the hospital do it.

When your water breaks on its own then its not false labor. Sometimes Doctors do break it when its time and nothing is happpening.

It can, but might not.

I have had 3 kids and the doc had to break my water all 3 times.

dr i think breaks it

mine never broke, they broke mine after they gave me my epidural.

I was only 2 weeks early