Bryan asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Please help me identify this soccer-like game.?

Many years ago, in our high school phys ed class, we played a game occasionally that was a combination of American football and soccer. Can someone tell me what it might be called.

It was played on the football/soccer field. If the ball was in the air, it was an airball, and you would advance down the field by throwing the ball between teammates. Scoring a "touchdown" by forward pass was worth one point. At any time, a player could punt the ball through the football field goal uprights for two points. If the ball touched the ground, then the game was played like soccer, and a soccer goal was 3 points. If, when in soccer mode, a player caught the ball in the air, it was an airball again.

I was just wondering if this was a real sport somewhere, or if the PE teacher just made it up. Any ideas?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It sounds a lot like Gaelic Football...played in Ireland

  • 1 decade ago

    Sounds like Austrailian Rules football.

  • 1 decade ago

    Never heard of this before..Your teacher probably made this up.

    There is a sport called "handball" in wich you dribble the ball like in basketball but shoot it in the goals like in soccer..i thought that's what you were asking for.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.