using honey instead of sugar?

I have the amount to substitute the sugar in chocolate chip cookies, what about the brown sugar

Favorite Answer

brown sugar is different, I can't explain why? but you need two different sugars..possibly for the consistency and browning.

Brown sugar is essentially white sugar with a SMALL amount of molasses added to it. That gives it the stickiness. You could use all honey just fine, but might want to add a little molasses for flavoring. You might also want to add slightly less liquid to the recipe to make up for the water in the honey and molasses.

I've never heard of using honey instead of sugar. I'm sure you can sub white sugar for brown and vice versa.

Brown sugar makes your cookies softer.you could sub out brown sugar for apple sauce,or plum sauce.about double the sauce to the sugar ratio

Also, I think you could get away with substituting some of the sugar with honey, but not all, because any more will make the taste different. Too honey-ish, IMO. Maybe you don't mind that, but . . .

brown sugar has a different taste too