using honey instead of sugar?

I have the amount to substitute the sugar in chocolate chip cookies, what about the brown sugar

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

brown sugar is different, I can't explain why? but you need two different sugars..possibly for the consistency and browning.

• 1 decade ago

Brown sugar is essentially white sugar with a SMALL amount of molasses added to it. That gives it the stickiness. You could use all honey just fine, but might want to add a little molasses for flavoring. You might also want to add slightly less liquid to the recipe to make up for the water in the honey and molasses.

• 1 decade ago

I've never heard of using honey instead of sugar. I'm sure you can sub white sugar for brown and vice versa.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Brown sugar makes your cookies softer.you could sub out brown sugar for apple sauce,or plum sauce.about double the sauce to the sugar ratio

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Also, I think you could get away with substituting some of the sugar with honey, but not all, because any more will make the taste different. Too honey-ish, IMO. Maybe you don't mind that, but . . .

• 1 decade ago

brown sugar has a different taste too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.