Kevin M asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

why do you never see baby pigeons?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Are you smoking weed because that is a very good question that I have never heard before. Lol.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Most birds hide their eggs away from predators. Usually in trees. But pigeons have decided to stick with the humans in their "habitat" (our cities) and so they hide their eggs in things like concrete buildings. If you see a parking garage, you should be able to find a pigeon nest. I found two when working at a mall. I looked a little bit but nothing invites trouble like getting to close to a bird nest. That is non-stop pecking on your head for a while unless you can get indoors. So I backed away soon after looking inside.

• 1 decade ago

Because baby pigeons can't fly and tend to be nest-bound till they are fledglings and learn to fly. So unless you can peek into a pigeon's nest which are usually in inaccessible places, you won't see a baby one.

• 1 decade ago

Because the parents nurse & take care of the babies under them. Adult pigeons have a pouch like opening between their legs. The babies say under their parents untill the can surive on their own.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've seen baby pigeons. I hand raised a clutch of eggs. It was amazing. Once their feathers come out fully they look exactly like their parents. It's hard to tell what one is a baby once they gorw up!

Here's a picture of one with its new feathers coming in.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/296/sougly1ap.j...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you do, but the little birds you see with the big pigeons...they never look like what those big pigeons look...dirty, but those small birds with them, they are the babies

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You do just do not realize it, they look just like there parents :0)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

lol that was funny

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.