Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 1 decade ago

2001 Jeep Wrangler Heater Core Replacement?

Need info. on replacing a heater core on my 2001 Jeep wrangler. Have begun the process of removal and was reading similar thread about removing the core without having to remove the housing. Anyone having the opporutnity to do this I would really like to know how many and how to get to the screws on the backside of the housing in the cab area. I have located at least two.

Favorite Answer

There is no way to remove the heater core without removing the dash and the hvac box. The dash is really easy to remove. The upper dash trim panel pops off and you remove the screws along the windshield, the 3 bolts on each side of the dash, you have to remove the steering column, evacuate the a/c and unplug all the connectors that go to the dash harness. I think that book time for the labor on this is only 4-5 hours. There are additional bolts for the hvac box located on the engine compartment side of the firewall. hope this helps you can e-mail me any questions if you need to.

Source(s): Certified Tech at a Jeep Dealer. Done this job a few times.
  • ?

Jeep Wrangler Heater Core

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Need info. on replacing a heater core on my 2001 Jeep wrangler. Have begun the process of removal and was reading similar thread about removing the core without having to remove the housing. Anyone having the opporutnity to do this I would really like to know how many and how to get to the screws...

Source(s): 2001 jeep wrangler heater core replacement: https://tr.im/I47N1

The heater core is located in the heater-A/C houseing, under the instrument panel. It is a heat exchanger made of rows of tubes and fins. You will need to disable the airbag first before you do this. My suggestion is take it to your jeep dealer! But if your dad can do the job once you get to the heater core thats fine! You need to get a service manuel for your jeep! Try a Chilton Manuel for your Jeep yr and model which you can buy at your local Auto parts store! Good Luck!!