What does Alabama mean to you?

Wherever you live is Alabama in the news alot? Also is Alabama a popular state to you? Just wondering. Tell me what you think!

Favorite Answer

Alabama is a Native American tribe.

Alabama is a rock group.

There are more a's in Alabama than all the other letters combined.

Alabama was the home of Helen Keller, who brought the world's attention to those who are deaf and blind.

Alabama has a lot of industry.

Alabama is the home of many of the US's first space rockets, at Redstone Arsenal.

Alabama is mountains, piedmont, and Gulf coast.

When I lived in New York we rarely heard about Alabama. In South Carolina we got a blurb or two once in a while, but not much. Quite frankly the only parts of Alabama I've been through smelled awful...something to do with the industry in those areas. I don't think most people generally think about Alabama except when the Lynard Skynard song is playing...and then it's just a good song.

I live in Northeast Alabama and I love it.

We have it all: beaches, mountains, beautiful forests... the scenery is amazing.

The people are not any more "redneck" than they are anywhere else in the world. Mostly they are very friendly and helpful, though the pace is slooowww and if you've got a sec you'll hear a life story. (we're quite talkative)

Alabama is much more progressive than people give it credit for. Larger cities like Huntsville, Birmingham, Mobile, Montgomery are just like larger cities in other states.

In the smaller areas, like where I live, we are quite religious, but is that a bad thing? We are not intolerant at all.

I hate the stereotyping about the south, but the thing is... it happens everywhere. People believe that people from New York are rude, people from the Midwest are stupid and behind, people from Utah are all polygamists, people from California are all crazy tree-huggers. None of it is true overall.

Source(s): Live in "Sweet Home Alabama"

Alabama means Home. Sweet Home Alabama sums it up.

No, we don't hear about alabama a lot. Usually just in weather alerts. When i think of Alabama i think of the deep south, and all that implies.

A popular place for those who fondly remember the good ole' days of Saturday night lynchings.

No. where i live, people from alabama r hicks, as they r anywhere else.

Is it popular? Not really, no. "Redneck" comes to mind.

white trash, domestic violence, and trailer parks

Nothing. No. No.