promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Discount wedding dresses?

Does anyone know where I can find/buy designer discount wedding dresses?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

netbride.com discounts designer wedding dresses to about HALF the retail cost- theie prices and service are amazing!

ebay is also a good source, especially if you know of a designer in particular that you're looking for.

I got a designer dress for $400 because I won $500 off my dress at a bridal show so that's a good way to go, too. Going to bridal shows and entering contests, I mean. Also, if you go on theknot.com, there is a dresses for sale "bio". Go to the forums and post a topic in the dress forum asking about it. They'll give you the link.

David's is a bad idea. Their quality is crap. You're right in looking for a designer gown- you want it to be put together well and with netbride.com, you should be able to find tons anywhere from $200- $500.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Evoo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

If you go to upscale bridal boutiques, they'll often sell past designer dresses as a discounted price off the rack. That means you'll have to settle for something that won't necessarily fit at first, or look brand-new. But taking the dress to a tailor or a cleaners usually helps alot, since designer dresses are so well made. So call and ask questions. You might even find a sale or trunk show where the price on the dress is lower than usual and you can talk to the designer him or herself.

• 1 decade ago

To the above posters, neither David's not any dpt store carries designer dresses.

Look online at Pearl's Place or RK Bridal. I got a couture Maggie Sottero bridal gown and also my bridesmaid and jr bridesmaid gowns (Alfred Angelo I think) from RK with HUUUUGE discounts. On time and in perfect condition. And of course, brand new.

Source(s): photos in my bio
  • 1 decade ago

I got mine at David's Bridal too. They have real nice gowns for a lot less than you would think to pay. They even have some that are discontinued styles and they are discounted even more. I payed $100.00 for a brand new gown that was beautiful, I was so lucky to find it, I was at the store when they were having their annual sale. It only needed a small alteration, which they did at the store. Look around in the bridal magazines too, sometimes they have numbers to stores that you can call and ask about their stock.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yeah online I recommend http://www.houseofbrides.com They have discount designer dresses

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Designer?? Try ebay.... anything with a big name, still wants a big price. I got mine at David's bridal and it's NICER then the discount ones' a Neiumus Marcus that we HIGH brand designers and they still wanted $1,000 for the dress- plus they were ripped dirty and stained.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I would suggest this place.

It offers wide range of wedding dress designs. If you don`t like any then you can take the help of their expert to customize your wedding dress.

It`s the best for wedding dress collections.

• Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You could try Monsoon. Not probably what you had in mind but they do a really nice selection. Also you could get an idea of the kind you want and then go to Ebay and you will probably find it for a fraction of the price. Sorry not sure about specifics in the North of England

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

There are so many beautiful wedding dressed in the site called seasonmall: http://www.seasonmall.com/. I have tried that site and recommend it to you. Best regards.

• 1 decade ago

Filene's Basement!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.