How do you get money back at closing these days?

Hi, I was in real estate years ago and I always used to get cash back at closing for "repairs, carpet, etc." Its seems like the lenders today dont allow this to happen anymore. Does anyone have a formula, strategy, or way to still get money back at closing for whatever reason? Now I already know about the... show more Hi, I was in real estate years ago and I always used to get cash back at closing for "repairs, carpet, etc." Its seems like the lenders today dont allow this to happen anymore. Does anyone have a formula, strategy, or way to still get money back at closing for whatever reason? Now I already know about the up to 3% for closing, but I used to do that too. I want to know a way to get the 3% for closing and money back for repairs or anything else. Thanks.
Update: Hello Everyone, Thank you for the responses so far, they have been great!