Can you over dose on pain killers?

I'm on moderate to severe pain killers for chronic back pain. On the packet it says take on to two capsules four times a day. My doc told me if i'm in alot of pain i could take 3 which i did 2-2.5 hours ago but they seem to be not working. Would it be wrong of me to take 4 when the times up to take more. I... show more I'm on moderate to severe pain killers for chronic back pain.
On the packet it says take on to two capsules four times a day. My doc told me if i'm in alot of pain i could take 3 which i did 2-2.5 hours ago but they seem to be not working. Would it be wrong of me to take 4 when the times up to take more. I called my doc to ask but recepitist said he doesnt really take calls. But i would need to ask him so i said can i make an appointment to see him they said sorry his booked out today....could i over dose on them if i just risk taking 4?
Update: why cant i drink grapefruit juice?
Update 2: and the pills are called zydol
tramadol capsules 50 mg