Now that H&H is closed, where can I get an open-hole, B-foot flute?

At a fair price?! Is there a good music store around the Pasedena, Pearland, Friendswood or League City areas???

Favorite Answer

Go to ebay. They have better prices than you can find in any store. Even better than Woodwind Brasswind catalogue, which gives 50% off list prices.

If you insist on buying at a store, don't pay more than 60% of list. Bring your teacher and one parent, not both parents. They should recognize your teacher at her favorite music store and give her a discount. If they see a kid coming in with their parents, the price tags will pop up in their eyes.

I'm sorry, I don't know where you live specifically. There should be at least one more good music store in your area. Ask if they have the kind of flute listed above. I don't know your level or ability so if you're an intermediate shoot for brands like Armstrong, Gemindhart, Pearl etc. If you're advanced, look for Jupiter deMedci, Emerson, Powell (if you're really rich and very advanced), Sonare etc.

Or.

There are many flutes you can by at "Fluteword.com"

It's a great place. They have fair prices and lots of openholes an B-footjoint flutes.

You may want to look for Pearl flutes because they have excellent prices for open-hole and B footjoint flutes. some even have Split E Mechanism.

But I warn you, try not using eBay, there are dangerous flutes in their.

Try considering fluteworld, they have used, brand new, etc. And after you receive several flutes, they let you try them within 10 days. Then you can pick the one you like best and the payment is finalized. The rest of the flutes can be shipped back.

Sorry, I don't live in your area. I just wanted to say though - be very careful buying flutes from EBay. You really don't know the condition they're in. However, Brasswinds (as previously suggested) is a wonderful store. Anything you order from there will be in good condition. It might just be a little expensive to ship from Indiana.