Honda Civic Passenger Mirror Replacement?

I have a 2001 Honda Civic LX, and the passenger mirror got ripped off. I have a replacement part. How do I remove the broken piece that is still mounted to the car?

Favorite Answer

try opening the plastic mounting from the inside(normally there is inside the car right at the ar end corner. pay noticed there should be normally 2-3 screws and a spring hinge, remove screw and hinge, that should basically do the job. thats how i did it with by ek. hope it helps.

That's very simple. Your gonna have to unscrew the passenger door panel off to get access to the mirror panel. All you gotta do is remove some screws & some panel clips to put the new mirror in place. Very simple. Make sure you have metric tools, since it is an import.

Also make sure you disconnect your battery before you start unpluging the wires (it prevents a short from happening). Simple enough. If you have doubts you should get a Haynes manual for the Civic. I got one for my '99 Integra; which is the almost the same for Civics.

Source(s): Personal experience, my driver side mirror got ripped off by a collsion.

maju is right,just pop off the black cover inside the car in back of the mirror,you'll see either 3 8 mm nuts or 3 phillips head screws,undo them,unplug the wire harness,squeeze the plug to fit out the hole and the installation is reverse...hope this helps...to see a good picture go to slhondaparts.com

Source(s): they call me "honda-man"

go in the car, and take the panel off and unscrew it. after you've done that, throw the old one in the garbage, then, push you civic off a cliff, call the insurance company, claim your couple grand, and get a real car. (sorry, really hate imports)

Maybe check with the dealer and see what they say. Their service department should be willing to help you over the phone if you don't want to take it in.

ARe you a mechanic? Take the care to a REAL mechanic? It won't cost more than 150.00 to redo the side mirror.

google