Do I need to inform the other companies I'm interviewing with that I have accepted an offer?

Also, can you provide examples of what I should say in my email to those other companies.

Favorite Answer

I would contact those companies I had recently interviewed with (in the last 2 - 3 weeks) and which I thought I had a good chance of getting an offer.

Otherwise, merely inform them that you are no longer available when they call to arrange an interview or with an offer.

As an HR professional, the question usually comes up in an interview...."are you interviewing with other companies?" The question I have for you is why are you still interviewing if you have accepted an offer. I would possibly discount you as a candidate as it would indicate that if I extended and offer, you would do the same to my company.

Like what Terri said, leave all options open. Don't inform the other companies. You can never be sure that the offer you accepted will go thru. Of course it is ethical to tell the other companies but they might already have many options in case you don't accept their offer. They will not stuck without you. You are the one who will stuck if you closed the open doors early. Based on my experience, I have wasted 15% of the offers/time that was presented to me without giving notice to them I feel it was bad from me. But other companies have wasted 85% of my time/offers without any regret from them when they knew from the beginning that they will be hiring someone else.

• nev

I've been in this situation.

It's always good to do the courteous thing and let people know your current situation. I was glad I had, because shortly after accepting the best of the jobs I'd been offered, I had to go back and do some work for one of the organisations I'd turned down. It would have been really awkward if I'd just disappeared and not let them know.

This is a matter of choice. However personally I would leave any/all options open in the case your employment does not work out with the company you selected.

I would do a formal letter rather than an email.

Yes, let them know that you are no longer available. Tell them you appreciate their consideration, that they had interesting things to offer, you enjoyed the interview/tour/what ever they provided.