Absolutely possible! My Aunt (45 years old, approx. 5'4" 200 lbs) lost 40 pounds in 2 months.
How did she do it? How does anybody do it without starving yourself or leading an unhealthy/impossible to keep up with exercise schedule?
1. Write your current weight down on a piece of paper. Divide that number in half. Whatever that final number is, drink that many OUNCES of water EVERY DAY.
-- For every 20 minutes of exercise, drink an additional 8 ounces of water
2. Eat Less PER MEAL. I don't know what your average meal is but for faster metabolism and better digestion, stick to eating ONE TYPE of food per meal. (Large, complex meals are SLOW to digest, slow to metabolize, and in general, bog down your entire system).
3. Eat more often (less per meal). Bodies goes into 'starvation' mode long before you feel hunger pangs. Keep that metabolism revved by eating consistently, giving yourself constant energy.
4. Stop eating processed foods and sugars, to start. That's ALL you have to give up with, for starters, so don't freak out. :) They are the 2 most contributing factors for over-eating and weight gain.
5. Cut off all eating 3 hours before you go to bed. Whenever your bed time is... 7pm, 10pm, 1AM, STOP eating 3 hours before bed.
6. Take a quaint stroll around the block every night. Start with 15 minutes. Then increase whatever you would like. The idea isn't so much to get in a lot of exercise but walking keeps your joints loose, your muscles warmed and flexible, keeps your body fluids moving, oxygenates the blood and stimulates good digestion.
7. Eat your fruit in the morning and afternoon. NOT in the evening or nighttime. Your system slows down as the day wears on and the sugars will metabolize slower. You don't want that! Fruit is a means of virtually instantaneous energy and cellular revitalization, therefore avoid it later in the day and enjoy it in the morning.
8. Eat more raw vegetables!! :) At least half of your daily food intake should be vitamin & mineral-rich fiberous veggies! Snack as much as you like on carrots and celery and radishes and tomatoes and basically, whatever is in season and tastes good to you :) Make GIANT salads with loads of vegetables with yummy homemade olive oil (a great fat!) and vinegar or lemon juice dressing! Add some olives and seafood and even some noodles. Use ingredients you REALLY LIKE! YUmmmm!!
9. Get your 7-9 hours of sleep every night!! So vitally important! ZZzzzZZZZzz's give you healing, regeneration and actually quickens weight loss!
10. Realize that whatever you do NOW to lose the weight HAS TO be something you can do LONG TERM or it will never last. Go to a bookstore and find a neat food or cooking book to inspire you.
The truth is, you can healthily lose even more than 30 pounds in 2 months. It's up to you how much you end up losing. If you want diet suggestions or vitamin supplement recommendations, or have any other questions, ask away!
I think, just by asking, you've already taken the hardest but most powerful step!
I wish you the best!
Human Health studies. Extensive reading. Experience.