Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Will Kramer (Richards) be forgiven by the public? And should he be forgiven by the public?

Do you think Kramer will be able to overcome his racial remarks and ever become popular again? Not that he has done anything lately.

Favorite Answer

Now that's a tough one to call. Comedians use the N-word often. Last night a documentary on Comedy Central about Richard Pryor was on and they has comedians discussing the use of the word in their acts. Margret Cho, Robin Williams and George Lopez were a few who were on their so it wasn't just commentary from Black comedians. Although the bulk of it was about Pryor a large chunk of the show was dedicated in the proper use of the word. Ced the Entertainer mentioned that it's common for comedians to use the word because Pryor (The Godfather of Comedy), felt that topic was taboo for the comedy stage, but they all agreed that the word shouldn't be used with emphasis on the "er" and that is shouldn't be said in anger.

Richards, said it out of anger. And the main problem with that is he elaborated on what he was saying- The hanging from trees part. Will his apology be accepted? Possibly. Will his career suffer from it? Definitely. I believe he just ended his career with those statements. Who's actually going to hire him again?

• cookie

The only thing that made Kramer so popular was Jerry Seinfeld. What he said was totally uncalled for. There is a way to handle people who are being rude, it doesn't have to come down to racism. I'm sure that there are a lot of black people who will not allow him to get off so easy. These people are famous and everything they do and say is being judged, he should have known better. He will never be the lovable Kramer he is best know for, but he may become a more likable guy if he keeps his nasty remarks to himself. Thank you.

Richards made a public apology, but i did not think it was sincere. I think, he realized what he did, and somone(agent) told him it will hurt his career if he didnt apologize. I think if this incident would have never reached the publics eye, he would have never apologized. Yes he should be forgiven because we are taught to forgive and forget. Still, i dont think he ment it!!

He said what he felt. Everyone knows what he said is wrong. He knows it too and he is just apologizing to gain his popularity(if there was any) back. I don't know about the public but he damn sure won't get mine. And no, it is not only because I'm black. Mel Gibson hasn't got it either.

I think he was sorry. I think it takes guts to get up their and say you are sorry. People forgive but never forget. The Nword did not really bother me it was the Lynching part that took me by suprise. Keep ya head up man. We all can make mistakes, and thats what it was.

• Albert

Anyone who is truely repentant deserves foregiveness. Was he, I think so.

I don't think the public will forgive him, though.

He has proven to be what he is - - a racist! No matter what he says he can't take away what he already said.