Is the Bedazzler or Gemagic easy to use?

Also, is the garment machine washable without all the studs falling out?

Favorite Answer

The Bedazzler is a bit fiddly to use at first until you get the hang of it. I was all fingers and thumbs with mine until I put in a bit of practice! It's not the machine itself that's tricky, it's keeping hold of the studs/rhinestones and not dropping them all over the place that's the problem!

The main thing with it is to make sure that the setting plate is PERFECTLY aligned with the plunger otherwise it won't set things properly. You need to try it out on some old fabric first until you get the hang of it and how much pressure to apply etc. I've also used my Bedazzler in card making to great effect.

I would recommend hand washing items that have studs on - either that or you could put the item in a pillowcase and set the washing machine on a delicate wash. At least then if some do fall out they are caught in the pillowcase and are not clogging up your machine!

My wife just bought the GeMagic and she found it very easy and fun to use. She dressed up all of her jeans, purses, belts, etc....

The only problem is finding replacemnet studs for the GeMagic. Our Wal-Mart doesn't carry them.