Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do Americans travel less because our country is so vast?

• matt B
    Favorite Answer

im an american, i like to travel... especially going to the philippines, my wife grew up there... and still planning to travel with her in australia, new zealand, europe and countries in south america...

No, I think they travel less because they are:

1. Afraid they are going to get blown up in a plane thanks to a terrorist.

2. Don't have time between hitting the button on their alarm clock and walking out the door to hug their wife/husband goodbye, so obviously they won't have time to travel.

3. Don't like having to pay at least triple digits to fly/rent-a-car/spend-on-gas.

or

4. Hate their relatives, so would rather stay home anyways.

I should know, being an American. It's usually one of these reasons...

I personally travel less simply because I don't have the money, but first and foremost I would travel the US more before I went abroad. I do love road trips, and I'm insatiable to learn about new places, and where best to start than with my own country? :)

Source(s):

That is a very good point. From what I could glean from some of my friends in Britain they do tend to travel much more abroad because the countries over there are more like states here in geographical proximity.

• Yakuza

That's one reason and the other is because we are only really close to two foreign country's.Travel across the oceans can become very costly.Plus we have so much to see in our own country.See America first .I travel a lot on business and I'm always glad to get back to the USA,

When I was younger my family traveled all over the U.S. except the Eastern part mostly camping out.

Now it's no longer fun to travel on the roads because of all the huge trucks that fill up the roads and who are practically running you down.

I travel Less Because I can't Afford it

Yes, why do we need to leave? We have it all here and that's why most of us don't even bother to get passports.. Then there is that simple fact that most other nationalities hate us and who wants to go somewhere like that? I'll spend my money in the good old U.S.of A!

no, I think it is because travel is very expensive and people don't have that much disposable income.

Hmm...I never thought of that, but that sounds right!