Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

That song that goes through my head over and over....why?

You know what I am talking about.

Somebody told me that it had to do with the limbic system.

I will research that and report back in details.

But....FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS the song running through my head has been

"MOSES SUPPOSES"

Gene Kelly and Donald O'Conner.

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1776

Must find answer before I go insane!!!!

here you go Candian Bacom

They are called earworms...

quote from wikipedia

"Earworm, a loan translation of the German Ohrwurm, is a term for a song stuck in one's head, particularly an annoying one. Use of the English translation was popularised by James Kellaris, a professor of marketing at the University of Cincinnati. His studies appeared to demonstrate that different people have varying susceptibilities to earworms, but that almost everybody has been afflicted with one at some time or another.

Some sufferers from earworm prefer the term "repetunitis", "stuck tune syndrome", "sound virus" or, if sufficiently acute, "melodymania."

[edit] Examples in popular culture

* The appropriately titled song Can't Get You Out of My Head by Kylie Minogue is well known for being a common earworm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm

Favorite Answer

Remember that song from Kylie Minogue that went, "I just can't get you outa my head! Your lovin' is all I think about!"

See? I just got that song stuck in your head. That song has a certain irony about the lyrics and the way it just refuses to leave your brain.

• leilah

Suicidal dispositions....Institutionalized nicely somewhat some this is a foul effect and could reason a mentally volatile guy or woman to lose it. this is a shown certainty there are subliminal messages hidden in music and on television. it rather isn't any longer from GOD,whilst something is understanding hidden for merchandising purposes in general. As for devil controlling rock and roll ,some is,,it additionally isn't rock, This covers all music,There are songs glorifying devil,and human beings surely think of this type.. As a Christian i hear to something and each thing,the full element is,I comprehend myth.maximum do no longer, that's many times deadly extreme whilst a guy or woman commits suicide.the music became in basic terms a small area. Which pushed them previous help.we are in a position to no longer babysit the full worldwide via banning issues That had even a 5 % danger of inflicting somebody's dying.,then we would stay in empty rooms,bare. byeeexxx