Having mouse/scrolling problems since updating to Windows SP2. Can someone talk me through the reset?

Since updating, can't scroll smoothly. I get a wavy effect on monitor.

machine and mouse fine before update. Have adjusted everything thought of, # of lines, speed, even looked in 'help and support' file. Tried everything they suggested, but it didn't stop the 'wavy' effect.

I'm a computer dummy, so give details please.

I don't want to totally dump the hard drive, but will if I can't fix this before I pull my hair out or get sea sick. lol

Eliane

Mouse is working fine, so it tells me.

Won't let me restore since the update.

Looked into both already.

Thanks anyway.

Eliane

Mouse is working fine, so it tells me.

Won't let me restore since the update.

Looked into both already.

Thanks anyway.

Favorite Answer

To see if your mouse is working properly.

Go to

control panel

System (properties)

Hardware tab

Device Manager

Find hardware in list

open the one you are using to see if is is working properly. If not then choose trouble shooting and follow instructions.

You could try the System Restore which takes you back to a time when your computer was working good. Go To:

start

programs

accessories

systems tools

system restore

This process is completely reversable. And does not remove your personal files. Just go back one checkpoint at a time until your puter is working good again.

E