Is it possible for a person with Borderline Personality Disorder to have a functioning relationship?

I have recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I find it hard to stay in a relationship for very long as I have severe abandonment issues which cause me to be very clingy. It becomes a sort of 'I hate you but please don't leave me' relationship. I have a new boyfriend and I like... show more I have recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I find it hard to stay in a relationship for very long as I have severe abandonment issues which cause me to be very clingy. It becomes a sort of 'I hate you but please don't leave me' relationship. I have a new boyfriend and I like him a lot but I'm scared I'm going to lose him. I was wondering if anyone who has BPD or knows of someone with BPD that has had a functioning relationship?
Update: I am under the care of a health professional and I will be starting Dialectical Behavioural Therapy in the New Year