Any idea on how to keep my feather pillow from poking me?

I just love my feather pillow, but there are times when it seems like I am sleeping on a porcupine...does anyone know of a solution that will keep the tips from poking out of the pillow, but still maintain the "scrunchy-ness" of my pillow?

Favorite Answer

I grew up with a down pillow and the down was as bad as feathers. And it has to have that zipped pillowcase BUT get one with the largest thread-count you find. The higher the thread count, the denser the threads so the feathers can't poke thru that case. And that's the whole point right? If it seems to cost a bit more, it's worth it.

Then you are all ready for a regular pillowcase over the zippered one.

Feather Proof Pillow Covers

• Krista

I put two pillow cases on and they seldom poke through. Mom uses the plastic pillow protectors because of her allergies and the feathers don't poke through. Get good pillow cases with a high thread count above 300.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): idea feather pillow poking me: https://shortly.im/MZYG8
  • T C

True comfort is a down pillow (tiny feathers of chicks) Feathers were used because they are cheaper, and they will ball up and poke through. two pillow cases will help

I always use 2 pillow cases on each pillow. My hubby has feather pillow so I went and bought him 2 enclosed zippered cases @ penney or sears. He don`t have any trouble with his pillows now.

they make a pillow cover, this is a zippered cover you put on the pillow before you put on the pillowcase, and they make special ones for feathers to help keep them from poking you.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avSGd

Ouch but they're so comfortable. I would put it in a pillow case. and in the inside put a bath towel on the side wear you lie your head. Its a little less comfortable but works. Others plastic bag it then pillow case it but the problem with that is it gets noisey at night when you move around...

There are down proof pillow covers with zipper closure. I got mine at JC Pennys. I spent about 1$12.00 for a king size cover.

buy a good pillow cover that has a dense thread count ( the higher the number the closer the threads, the harder it is to poke through)