I have a 305 TBI And it makes the engine.....?

I have a 1991 Caprice with a 305 engine and the car has way too much power! Is there any way that the car can be tuned down so the engine has less get up and go? I find myself going over 100 MPH with only a quarter throtle!. I am tired of getting speeding tickets with this car.

Favorite Answer

Turn in your drivers license, you sound rediculous.

i dont know why you would want to tune down your car, just use a different gas % if you are putting 98%-93% drop down to 86%-84% gas this will give you less go go juice and it is cheaper as well. the other way is go with a bigger set of wheels and tires it would take more power from the engine to turn the bigger tire's and wheels. or you could just keep an eye on the speed guage's and rpm gauge every few seconds look down at them.

put a wooden block under the gas pedal, but never attempt to pass on an undivided highway. PS. doesn't that thing have cruise control ?

• Change your rear end gearing to a higher gear ratio.

Like if has a 292 gear put a 456 gear in it

Source(s): Journyman tech

Take the throttle cable off the TBI, attach it to your right foot and then to passenger's headrest so that your foot can not reach the accelerator.

Source(s): Kar-Quax

There are multiple ways to do this but my favorite way is this. There is nothing wrong with the car, just the driver you can't fix stupid I can fix your car.

I am up to my ears in BULL S##T this is the best post ever. No body can suck this much at driving. This person is just messing with every body!

yea, wake up, your dreaming. That crap bucket would need a 5 mile downhill run to get up to 100.

Yeah, hold on---I'm getting my boots on here! Sounds like lots of BS and deep at that!