Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

I have a file in MS Publisher format (*.pub) I don't have MS PUB How can I look at it?

I was expecting the file and it is from a trusted source. I have tried all the usual programs to open it but no luck. I just need to see the contents, not to copy them.

Favorite Answer

Hello,

MS .PUB files are a Microsoft propritory standard (owned by microsoft) which means you CANNOT Open these files in other applications or programs. In other words YES! you have to have a copy of publisher in order to open & view the contents (irrispective of the source being trusted).

This is the main problem with the MS publisher program I seem to recall, also I think if my memory serves me here, you cannot export .PUB files into another non Microsoft website design program such as dreamweaver,etc.

**Of course MS publisher allows you to import files into it but not the otherway around. Unless MS have changed this in more recent versions of the program.

IR

Have you tried typing MS Publisher file association in the search box?

Get a copy of MS Publisher. Have a look on eblag for a copy.

Job sorted.

There is no way. I would ask the trusted source to save it in a .pdf file format if he/she can. For current versions of Publisher, your best bets for sharing Pub content electronically are printing to the Microsoft Office Document Imaging format (a viewer is part of various versions of Microsoft Office) or saving or printing through one of the various third-party tools that generate PDF.