Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 1 decade ago

Is Milk Addictive?

Every day after work I buy a 2 pinta of Milk, intended on coffee and breakfast for the next day, during the course of the evening I end up drinking it all, as it comes. I have done this for months now, I always end up feeling gutted when its ran out and I havent any left to make a cuppa.

Infact I eat a lot of dairy products I think I'm addicted.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like you have an allergy to dairy ...with an allergy ..especially food allergies ..you crave what you are allergic to ...

a physical addiction to milk or dairy products isn't likely. You wont get withdrawal symptoms if you stop drinking milk!

a physcological addiction is definately a possibility! You can get addicted to anything this way!

Best advice put some milk in a cup and keep it seperately in the fridge so you have it there to make a cuppa with. Or try buying 2-2pt bottles and you should have some left over! I doubt you would be able to drink 4 pts of milk! Be careful though the fat in the milk could make you over-weight!!!

Now don't quote me on this, but this is something I was in a discussion about a while back, and apparently milk has dopamine in it which has a nice relaxing effect on the brain, so that could be a reason you are addicted to it; because it makes you feel nice and relaxed.

I am addicted to cheese, I have to have it every single day.

I would guess that you're not addicted to it, you just like it.

You could test this by going without milk completely for a few days and seeing how you feel. If you get withdrawal symptoms then you probably are addicted after all

No it's not addictive, maybe you just really like it!

You do need to be careful not to have too much though, the excess of calcium may cause problems like kidney stones. Sometimes people drink milk to relieve acid indegestion without even realising this is what they are doing!

I have two grandsons who only drink milk and juice. They have never tasted cola. They love milk, their dad loves milk. I hate milk, but I drink it when my ulcer acts up. Well, milk is a good thing to be addicted to. Better than other beverages. Buy a gallon of milk, and see if you want to drink the whole gallon. If you do you are addicted.

I can't help you here. As a small 5 year old child I wouldn't drink milk so my mother made me milky coffee. I have drunk coffee ever since but I still don't like milk on its own. I like soya milk though

NO IT IS NOT ADDICTIVE MILK IS THE SECOND MOST NUTRITIOUS DRINK(FIRST IS WATER).

SO KEEEEEEEEEEEEP ON GOING FOREVER

U CAN ALSO TRY MIXING SOME FLAVORS IN IT FOR A CHANGE.

AND IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY ADDICTION PROBLEM THEN SEE A SMALL KID AND WATCH HIM DRINKING MILK LIKE A LION!!!!!!!11

It's not addictive, but I think we get into food habits sometimes. You get used to something and then feel you can't live without it! It's not the same as addiction where you would get terrible withdrawal symptoms if you went without it.

I think you seriously need to reduce your intake of dairy product. It has not any proof yet, but somehow it linked to the high amount of breast cancer and prostate cancer casess in the west society compare to China -as not take much of dairy products at all , not even in the tea.

No, it's not adictive. You like it and your body needs the calcium. Milk is good for you. It builds strong bones and you can avoid getting osteoporosis later in life if you get a lot of calcium.