How many....?

How many people here have essential tremors? Reasently I met 2 people with it and it made me wonder how common it is. How you deal with it and how it really affects you? And I hope it's not stopping you from living normally, I really didn't mind being in company of those two people who had it...they are really wonderful persons! :)

In which situations it bothers the most?

Favorite Answer

Simple activities like eating, writing, or picking up a cup of coffee can be challenging and frustrating when you have severe tremors. As the disease progresses and tremor becomes more pronounced, many people feel anxious and embarrassed in social situations, which only makes the situation worse. Raising a forkful of food to your mouth without spilling, drinking a glass of water in a restaurant with a steady hand, speaking in a meeting without a tremble in your voice, or even writing a legible check can become trying tasks.

The affects are uncontrollable tremors that occur for brief periods of time.

A shaking voice.

Nodding head.

Tremors that worsen during periods of emotional stress.

Tremors that get worse with purposeful movement.

Tremor lessens with rest.

Tremors are the only symptom, although rarely a person with ET may suffer from balance problems.

I have a link below I think you would find interesting.

how did u diagnosed so easily?why not one of other causes?

Although essential tremor can affect almost any part of your body, trembling occurs most often in your hands, especially when you try to do simple tasks such as drinking a glass of water, tying your shoelaces, writing or shaving. Sometimes, you may also have trembling of your head, voice or arms.

Essential tremor is the most common of the many movement disorders. It's far more common than Parkinson's disease, with which it may sometimes be confused. Unlike Parkinson's disease, however, essential tremor doesn't lead to serious complications. In fact, the word "essential" in essential tremor means the disorder isn't linked to other diseases.

For some people, essential tremor may be distressing but not debilitating. Others may find that their tremors make it difficult to work, perform everyday tasks that require fine-motor skills or do the things they enjoy. Severe tremors can lead to social withdrawal and isolation. Fortunately, a variety of treatments exist that may help bring your tremors under control.

I just want to say it's questions like this one that keep me interested in Yahoo Answers. I've never heard of Essential Tremors. I just did a net search and read up on it. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the quality question.

.

i have tremors from the shoulders down due to a head injury... it can suck sometimes but noone really notices unless i say something....