can you tell me how to fine my family tree the history of willie james sims jr died 1966?

he was born in chester .s.c. mother name marie 'fergorson.sims married to frances moore

Favorite Answer

If you go to Rootsweb.com, enter his name in the fields on the left hand side of the page; that's the free service.

In addition to using "Willie" for his first name, you might want to also use his full first name, e.g. William, Wilfred, or whatever "Willie" is short for.

However you enter his first name, check out the "Worldconnect" hits. Those are family trees submitted by other folks researching the name.

Good luck!

Big Al Mintaka

FOLLOWUP:

Found this at Rootsweb for "Willie Sims". It's from the Social Security Death Index:

Name Birth Death Where SSN issued

WILLIE SIMS 27 May 1927 Apr 1966 South Carolina

Note that residence at death was NOT specified, only where the card was issued. This was the only match I got for a death date of 1966. Is it a hit?

Ancestry.com

Genealogy.com

You can look people up there